Putting up the slings...

A little while back, Max and I were the first ones to arrive at Träskberget and looking for a warm up, stumbled across a stunning arete with nice, new shiny bolts. "What do you figure it is?" I asked, skeptical to his assurances that it was 7a. To me it looked more like 8c, but undeterred Max went to work putting the slings up. Around the fourth bolt he was convinced that it was at least 8a, but doable. A half an hour later, Scott Mooney arrived and after seeing him eye the arete I was thrilled to have lived up to my promise, "Man, we put the slings up for ya..." I mean, I did belay and Scott and I do have a history with slings...

Scott Mooney sending, a different line, a little while later, at Träskberget, Tyresö.

1/160s, f/4.0, ISO 1000, 40 mm © 2010 Shawn Boye

No comments: