Aegialis...

"So I guess you're done for the day..." It's not often you're told to pack it in and I figured I had energy for another go... Fortunately, Brian wasn't referring to my endurance but rather the hanger that had fallen off the fifth bolt, the sling now hanging at the fourth, which would have meant falling awfully close to the deck. Undeterred, Alfonso Pascua found the nut and using my rope as a toprope returned it to its rightful place, tightening the nut by hand... He then proceeded to test the fourth bolt with an unexpected fall before fighting the pump all the way to the anchor, which after much contemplation, he decided to grab. Brian, The American, informed me that that counts in Europe... Unfortunately, the nut is still loose, but might hold if hand tightened after each climb.

Alfonso Pascua resting on the majestic Agealis 7c, Grande Grotta, Kalymnos.

1/400s, f/7.1, ISO 100, 70 mm © 2010 Shawn Boye

No comments: